- Republic of Angola is Africa’s second largest oil producer behind Nigeria.
- A former Portuguese economy, Angola has experienced rapid economic growth in the 21st century driven by the oil sector.
- Angola is also the third largest financial market in Sub-Saharan Africa behind Nigeria and South Africa with openness to foreign investment and partnerships in all industries from construction, diamonds, retail and energy.
- Highlight: Cimel Oilfield Services, a 100% owned Angolan company, is committed to the sustainable growth and development of Angola.
Capital City: Luanda
Major Cities: Cabinda, Huambo, Lubango, Soyo
Official Language: Portuguese
Currency: kwanza (AOA) per US dollar –
Major Industries: petroleum; diamonds, iron ore, phosphates, feldspar, bauxite, uranium, and gold; cement; basic metal products; fish processing; food processing, brewing, tobacco products, sugar; textiles; ship repair
|Population (million inhabitants)||19.18|
|Land area (1,000 sq. km)||1,248|
|Population density (inhabitants per sq. km)||15|
|GDP per capita ($)||6,282|
|GDP at market prices (million $)||120,509|
|Value of exports (million $)||68,191|
|Value of petroleum exports (million $)||67,829|
|Current account balance (million $)||8,036|
|Proven crude oil reserves (million barrels)||9,011|
|Proven natural gas reserves (billion cu. m.)||275|
|Crude oil production (1,000 b/d)||1,701|
|Marketed production of natural gas (million cu. m.)||925|
|Refinery capacity (1,000 b/cd)||39|
|Output of refined petroleum products (1,000 b/d)||45.4|
|Oil demand (1,000 b/d)||128|
|Crude oil exports (1,000 b/d)||1,669|
|Exports of petroleum products (1,000 b/d)||33.0|
|Natural gas exports (million cu. m.)||517|
- b/d (barrels per day)
- Cu. m. (cubic meters)
- b/cd (barrels per calendar day)
Source: Annual Statistical Bulletin 2014